Determining How Long an AC System Installation Takes
Is your home air conditioning system failing to get the job done? Tired of throwing away money every month due to your inefficient AC unit? Sounds like it is time for an upgrade. For many people, the thought of getting a new AC system installed can be a little intimidating. While the prospect of having a modern, upgraded cooling unit sounds appealing, the timeline is always a question mark. Southland Heating & Air Conditioning can help with this question.
How Long Does It Take To Install An AC Unit
There are numerous factors that can impact an AC upgrade. While it can be challenging to give an exact timeframe, we try to answer three main questions to determine how long an AC installation will take for a client.
How Big Is Your Home?
The size of a house can play a major factor in the time it takes to install a new cooling system. Why?
- When it comes to your whole-home HVAC system, the number of units needed is typically dependent on the square footage of the property.
- A smaller home, such as 2,000 sq/ft. will be a quicker installation than an 8,000 sq/ft. home because it will likely need less AC units.
When we plan out your new AC system installation, we’ll go over how many units you’d like to have throughout your home, giving you a clear estimate of the time it will take to complete the process.
What Type Of Installation Needs To Be Done?
The work that needs to be done to add new AC units can also impact the timeframe. What does this mean? Well, you will either need a simple “changeout” (just a swapping out of units) or a more comprehensive equipment upgrade that includes ductwork replacement, new thermostats and more.
- If all you need is several new units, the estimated labor would probably be about one day.
- The full system replacement could range from three to five days, depending on how big the house is.
Where Is The Unit Being Installed?
One thing that is out of your control is the location of your current AC unit.
- Whether it is a rooftop unit on a condo or a multi-unit system in your house, the location can add extra time to the removal and new installation process.
- Additionally, if you want to remove an older unit and install an upgraded unit in a different location, this could be extra time for the project.
Find The Right Contractor For Your Installation
Of course, there are several other factors that can shape the timeline of your whole-home AC upgrade. While you can expect anywhere from one to five days in general, it is always best to find the right contractor you can trust to get the job done correctly and efficiently. Have questions about a potential HVAC installation project? Want more details? Give Southland Heating and Air Conditioning a call today!