If you can’t remember the last time your heating system was serviced, it’s time to schedule a tune-up. Call Southland Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a heating maintenance seasonal tune-up. Your heating system is like a vehicle—it requires service to run efficiently. If you are not scheduling annual maintenance on your heating system, you are risking costly repairs as well as the possibility of system failure. Scheduling regular maintenance on your furnace or heat pump will ensure that your system is running efficiently and help avoid the potential of having to replace the system. Our heating maintenance tune-ups include an inspection of all major components of your furnace or heat pump.
Call (805) 870-9115 to schedule your Thousand Oaks furnace tune-up today!
Our 16-Point Furnace Tune-Up Service
It’s no surprise that heating and cooling account for over half your home energy costs. It makes sense that good furnace maintenance can save big money. Our tune-up includes 11 steps to improve efficiency, 5 safety checks, and a thorough cleaning.
Our 16-point furnace tune-up includes:
- Inspect and program the thermostat. The thermostat will be leveled and all electrical connections will be checked for good contact. The technician will make sure it’s set for good efficiency and, if you like, offer you a programming lesson.
- Inspect the furnace area for combustible material.
- Adjust all air volume dampers so the proper volume of warm air reaches all parts of your home.
- Inspect flue. We’ll make sure it’s free of obstruction, properly supported, and drafts correctly. We will also check for corroded piping. Flues that do not draft properly are dangerous.
- Replace or clean air filters. This is very important for efficiency and longer system life. Standard throw-away filters will be replaced free of charge. If needed, electronic air-cleaning cells and pre-filters will be cleaned with detergent and large high-efficiency media filters will be replaced for an extra charge.
- Lubricate the blower motor and inspect the blower wheel. Motor bearings require semi-annual lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The blower wheel must be clean to deliver proper airflow.
- Inspect, clean and adjust gas burners. We check the fuel/air mixture for maximum combustion efficiency and smooth ignition.
- Examine the heat exchanger. It will be cleaned and visually inspected for holes and cracks. These can be dangerous by allowing gas or carbon monoxide to enter your living area.
- Lubricate vent motor and other moving parts. Poor lubrication causes drag in the motor drive shaft and increases energy use. It can also ruin the bearing and burn out the motor.
- Check condensate drain. Clean if necessary. A clogged drain can cause severe water damage to the equipment and your house. If needed, drain hoses will be replaced for an added charge.
- Verify manifold gas pressure. Accurate pressure is necessary to control the fuel input to the furnace without wasting fuel. Insufficient pressure can also cause corrosion of furnace venting components.
- Check gas connections at the furnace for leaks and tighten.
- Measure the temperature increase through the furnace. We adjust the airflow through the furnace to meet the manufacturer’s recommendations to maximize efficiency.
- Measure the electrical operation of the furnace. We check for proper voltage and amperage of the electrical components, along with wire condition and terminal contact.
- Test for carbon monoxide gas. Colorless, odorless and deadly, it can escape through your house due to incomplete combustion, blocked flues, and corroded or detached vent connectors.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the furnace. Clean furnaces run better and last longer.
With proper maintenance, your furnace will provide you with better performance, improved energy efficiency, and fewer breakdowns and emergency repairs. Southland Heating and Air Conditioning offers comprehensive furnace tune-ups in Thousand Oaks and throughout Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. We recommend that you schedule your furnace maintenance service in the fall to ensure that it keeps you and your family warm and safe throughout the winter season.
Schedule your furnace tune-up with Southland Heating and Air Conditioning today! Call (805) 870-9115 or fill out an online contact form to get started.